Yes, this book was a revelation to me.I am a writer wannabe, a pretender to the mantel of nonfiction writing.While I was searching blindly through the literature to find myself, my voice, perhaps an inspiration, I heard Frank Conroy interviewed on Michael Feldman's radio program on NPR.Conroy was talking about this very book.I was intrigued, I was interested.I went out, I bought the book.I read, and I learned, in the most pleasurable way possible.I was in the hands of a good writer, one that is able to carry me through his narrative and make his point with clarity and humor.I learned about jazz, about music in general.I learned about the Iowas Writers Workshop, what they are trying to do and how they are trying to do it.It was, alas, a short book, but it made me a more knowledgable person.It made me appreciate life.It made me excited about things I never thought I would be interested in, and I am excited about writing.What more can you ask for from a book?
Click Here to see more reviews about: Dogs Bark, but the Caravan Rolls On: Observations Then and Now [Hardcover]
Buy cheap Dogs Bark, but the Caravan Rolls On: Observations Then and Now [Hardcover] now
No comments:
Post a Comment